Can I Get an Expedited Hearing?

by Lisa on February 10, 2011

In order to expedite a Social Security hearing for your disability benefits before an Administrative Law Judge, you would need to send a letter to the chief judge of your local Office of Disability Adjudication and Review requesting an expedited hearing.  You would need to explain in your letter the reason why you need an expedited hearing, whether it is due to severe dire financial reasons (such as imminent foreclosure on your home, a huge debt because of medical bills, you are about to be evicted from your apartment or your gas/electric is about to be shut off), a severe medical dire need, (such as if you do not have medical insurance and you are in a life/death situation) or other similar dire situation.  You would need to enclose documentation with your letter proving to the judge the existence of the dire need.  Keep in mind that the decision to grant you an expedited disability hearing is at the descretion of the judge.

{ 1 comment }

Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home/ssdbc/www/www/blog/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/lib/classes/comments.php on line 176